Disability Employment Australia is now accepting expressions of interest for presentations at the premier national conference for disability employment in Australia.
Australia’s Disability Employment Conference is Australasia’s premier conference for managers, aspiring managers, practitioners, and academics working in or with the Disability Employment Services sector.
In recent years, upwards of 450 Disability Employment Services professionals and other specialists have attended Australia’s Disability Employment conference.
As part of its ongoing commitment to industry development and growth, Disability Employment Australia provides delegates with opportunities to think, question and respond to a range of critical issues in ways that are meaningful to their organisations, people with disability, employers and the industry more broadly.
- Breakout session presentation (40 minutes)
- Duration is indicative only, actual timing will be confirmed on acceptance of proposed presentations into the conference program.
All abstracts submitted to the conference committee will be considered in relation to the requirements of the conference program as well as the quality of the submission. The conference committee’s decision is final.
Presentations should relate to one of the following audience streams:
- CEO/Senior manager
- Capability development
- Educational and research
- Employer focus
- Specifically address issues surrounding disability and open employment and/or issues pertinent to the DES sector
- Be constructed on evidence-based research, case studies and/or industry or organisational best practice
- Provide clear, actionable and practical solutions, processes or information, and not be purely limited to theoretical frameworks
- Showcase innovative or unique practices, knowledge and methodologies
- Promote discussion and participant engagement, be interactive where possible and offer opportunities for professional development
- Clearly detail delegate outcomes for the session
- Be clearly and effectively targeted at an identified audience stream
- Be aligned with one of the conference themes
Research and/or innovative practices encompassing the following:
- Disability employment
In Australia or internationally, and not restricted to Disability Employment Services
Alternatives to the competitive tendering model for outsourced public services
- Social policy
In the field of disability employment and related areas
- Australian Disability Enterprises
Transition strategies: moving from segregation to inclusion 2010 - 2020
- Employer engagement strategies
A focus on the demand side of the labour market
- Transitions into employment
Disability recruitment strategies in education, including VET apprentice and traineeships, and graduate or postgraduate programs
- Changing attitudes
Practical programs that have incited positive change broadly relevant to disability
- Social specialisations
For example; CALD, homeless or ex-offenders and disability employment
- Deadline for Abstracts is 15th of April 2014.
- Receipt of abstracts will be acknowledged via email.
- You will be notified of acceptance during May 2014.
How to Submit an Abstract
Complete the online form and submit it on or before the 15th of April 2014:
Submit An Abstract